T H E M E T C H O S I N F O U N D A T I O N
1. The name of the society is The Metchosin Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "Society").
2. The purposes of the Society are:
1. To organize or participate in environmental projects designed to:
(a) Preserve and protect flora and fauna;
(b) Preserve, protect and restore rivers, lakes, wetlands, ground water and marine areas; and
(c) improve the rural and/or urban environments;
2. To educate and increase the public's understanding of the environment and/or community development by offering presentations and seminars and by collecting and disseminating information on those topics; and
3. To do all such other things as are incidental or ancillary to the attainment of the purposes and the exercise of the powers of the Society.
3. The activities of the Society shall be carried on without personal gain for its members; and any income, profits or other accretions to the Society shall be used in promoting the purposes of the Society.
Upon the winding-up or dissolution of the Society, the assets remaining
after the payment of all costs, charges and expenses properly incurred
in the winding-up including the remuneration of a liquidator, and after
payment to employees of the Society of any arrears of salaries, or
wages, and after the payment of any debts of the Society, shall be
distributed to one or more charitable organizations or charitable
foundations as defined under the provisions of the Income Tax Act
(Canada), from time to time in force or, if this cannot be done, to one
or more qualified donees as defined under the provisions of the Income
Tax Act (Canada) from time to time in force.